Pan-roasted, crispy Brussels Sprouts with bacon comes together in 40 minutes. This elegant side sauteed in butter and olive oil is perfect for busy weeknights and the holidays when you need a crowd-pleasing healthy, low carb, keto and paleo friendly, gluten-free side dish.
- 1.5 Pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 6 Slices Bacon
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans
- We’re starting by rinsing and chopping the sprouts – assuming you didn’t buy pre-washed. Now I know, making a commitment to chopping for the next 8 minutes may sound like a nightmare to some of you, but trust me, it is worth the effort.
- Not to make this too complicated, but depending on the size sprouts, you may have to chop a few into fourths to get the flavor right. A few may be too small to chop at all, so don’t expect to be chopping broccoli’s cruciferous cousin for longer than 10 minutes.
- Put the ½ cup chopped pecans on standby. If you are working with whole pecans, make life easier and crush them with a rolling pin between two sheets of wax paper.
- Melt half a stick of butter in the microwave and add pecans. Then walk away as fast as you can before you eat the bowl.
- Next, fry your bacon. I cooked the whole pack because I’m doing this thing where I’m honest with myself, and we both know I’m going to forget to use half a package of bacon in a zip lock bag.
- After your bacon is fried up and you can’t stand it anymore – put it over on a paper towel and leave the grease alone.
- Add in ½ of a stick of butter, and a cup of Brussels sprouts.
- Then go ahead and pour the olive oil over the top and saute – make sure each sprout gets covered. Gradually add in more sprouts until they’re all are in the pan and coated evenly. (You’re going to need a big pan – I used a 12 inch pan and it worked out perfectly.)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts, side dish, low carb side dish, keto side dish, gluten free, keto, low carb