This Fully Loaded Keto Cauliflower Soup is proof you don’t have to choose between comfort food and your low carb diet. Roasted cauliflower, cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, cream, and butter bring all the flavor of loaded potato soup without the carbs.
- 2 Large Heads Cauliflower or Bagged Cauliflower Florets
- 10 Slices Bacon
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2.5 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Stick Butter
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese
- ½ Chopped Yellow Onion or 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce (Optional)
Ingredients To Roast Cauliflower
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves – Chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Thyme
- First Step: We’re roasting the cauliflower. Now, you can go with bagged florets to save time or use full heads. You’ll need to core those and chop it into florets. You can use a food processor for this step – be careful not to rice it.
- Second Step: Combine Olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, pepper (or crushed red pepper) and thyme. Add this to the cauliflower in a bowl or toss it over the florets on a foil-lined baking pan to save yourself the extra clean up.
- Third: Bake it for 25-30 minutes at 400. You can flip it midway, but you do not have to.
- Fourth: Fry bacon and chop the onion. Don’t throw out the bacon grease – you’ll use it to saute the onion and garlic for around 2-3 minutes.
- Fifth: Add everything except the cream cheese, cheddar, and heavy cream to the crockpot or the stovetop:
- On the stove, we will bring it to a boil and then let it simmer for about 25 minutes.
- In the slow cooker, we will give it a little more time – 4-6 hours.
- Sixth: Whip out our immersion blender and puree the cauliflower to make the soup extra creamy. If you don’t have one, you can use your blender.
- Final step: Add in the heavy cream, cream cheese and 2 cups of the cheddar. Top with remaining cheddar, bacon, and scallions.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes - 6 hours
- Category: Keto, Low Carb
- Method: Crockpot, Slow Cooker, Stove
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
Keywords: soup, cauliflower, keto soup, low carb, dinner, healthy