This easy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe brings almond flour, erythritol, butter, egg, vanilla and a few more healthy ingredients to the bowl to create a fabulously crispy on the outside chewy on the inside low carb cookie that’s gluten-free, low carb, paleo and – most importantly – loved by fans of keto desserts and kids! Make these ahead and freeze or make them now because – it’s cookie time:)
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Line a cookie sheet or baking tray with parchment paper
- Cream butter & erythritol (or your fave sweetener)with a hand or stand mixer on low – about 5 minutes then add egg and vanilla
- Add ½ cup of almond flour – blend – then add more – repeat (until all 1.5 cups almond flour is mixed in) Dumping it in all at once makes it harder to combine.
- Next, add in baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum and mix for another minute – make sure you take a moment to scrape the sides of the bowl so that no ingredient is left behind!
- Finally, fold in sugar-free chocolate chips
- Use a mini cookie scoop or a tablespoon to divide the dough into 15 cookies on a cookie sheet or baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Use a spoon or your hand to flatten each cookie
- Bake 10 – 12 Minutes
- They may appear a bit doughy after 12 minutes. Resist the temptation to add more oven time – almond flour cookies crisp as they cool!
- Cool before serving
- Store at room temp for 3-5 days or in the fridge for up to ten
To Freeze Baked Cookies: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag- separate each cookie with a sheet of wax paper so they won’t stick together.
Freezing Dough – Scoop out the dough as if you were baking, then Put the pan of raw cookie dough into the freezer. Once frozen, place the cookie dough balls in a zip lock freezer bag with the name of recipe, baking temp & heating instructions – you may need to add a minute or two to the baking time since you’re working with frozen dough.
*For crispier cookies leave out the xanthan gum
For Paleo, use grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
Use Organic Coconut Sugar
Use guar gum instead of xanthan gum
- Category: Keto Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, keto chocolate chip cookies, low carb cookies, almond flour keto cookies, gluten-free, Paleo