Memphis Style Keto Coleslaw Recipe – An unapologetically bold & creamy Southern side dish also known as pulled pork’s ride or die & a keto-friendly, sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb slaw with 3.4 net carbs per serving.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links! For more info please see my disclosure page!
This week has been a bit hellish, to say the least. I’ve been suffering through the worst back pain of all time & after 5 shots & 4 prescriptions It Still Hurts. My 18-year-old is preparing for graduation, college, & life in general; my middle child thinks nobody cares about her & my son Nathan is all over the place. [Na has autism & that in itself is a full-time job.] I’m always questioning my competence as a parent & adult in general & some days I think my guardian angel is drunk. Murphy’s Law has been in full effect over here.
Was that a weak segway into this keto coleslaw recipe? Maybe, but stick with me here. This one is easy even when your back hurts & your life is out of control!
You can throw this Keto coleslaw together in 5 minutes if you need a side dish ASAP. This Keto Creamed Spinach is also a fabulous choice!
We used 2 ten-ounce bags of pre-shredded cabbage. You can also use a head of cabbage it that’s your thing. Either way – you’ll want to check out the tips below to eliminate Soggy Slaw Syndrome from your life forever!
To give the slaw a sweet, Memphis-style taste without adding sugar, I swapped the traditional recipe’s brown sugar with Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar Substitute. Worked like a charm.
Memphis Style Keto Coleslaw Recipe Ingredients
- Shredded Cabbage
- Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sukrin Gold
- Kosher Salt
- Dry Mustard
- Black Pepper
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
No More Soggy Slaw!
Warning: This takes extra time! Skip it if you’ve waited until the last minute & you’re in an emergency slaw situation. Otherwise, take a look!
Here’s how to eliminate saggy slaw syndrome from your life: Salt the cabbage ahead!
Anytime you dress a salad the contents of that dressing will always break down the cell walls of your cabbage. Also Known As: That thing when you have the perfect salad & you let it sit for a couple of minutes & it turns into a watery, mushy disaster.
Adding salt + a wilting window of an hour or so = crispy dry cabbage that won’t water your dressing down!
How To Prep Cabbage
- Remove the outer leaves & rinse with cold water.
- Cut the cabbage in half & then cut that half in ½. Throw away the core.
- On a cutting board julienne the cabbage by hand or with a mandoline.
- Salt the cabbage & put it in the fridge for 1-4 hours. (This extra step is worth it if you have time – refrigerating the cabbage releases moisture & will result in a less soggy slaw!)
- Rinse cabbage again with cold water & pat it dry with a paper towel or dry it in a salad spinner for 30 seconds.
Memphis Style Keto Coleslaw Recipe – An unapologetically bold & creamy Southern side dish also known as pulled pork’s ride or die & a keto-friendly, sugar-free, low carb slaw with 3.4 net carbs per serving.
7 Cups Shredded Cabbage (2 10 Ounce Bags Shredded Cabbage)
1/2 Cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
1 Cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
1 Cup Diced Red Onion
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Sukrin Gold
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Dice pepper & onion & set aside.
- Prep cabbage or rip open the bags of shredded cabbage.
- In a medium bowl, whisk Sukrin Gold with salt, paprika, mustard, oregano, pepper, garlic, coriander & onion powder.
- Add in mayo & vinegar & whisk for a minute or so until it starts to look like dressing!
- Pour over cabbage & mix well!
- Refrigerate before serving!
Coleslaw tastes best when chilled – Try to give yourself time to refrigerate it before serving!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Keto, Low Carb, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
Keywords: keto coleslaw, low carb coleslaw, keto slaw, keto side dish, low carb side dish, gluten-free side, sugar-free side dish