Pan roasted keto green beans with bacon, buttered almonds and chives create an easy, low carb side dish that comes together in minutes with 3.4 net carbs. Southern Keto Green Beans with Bacon is a simple, low carb recipe that compliments any main course.
They are the glue that holds a meal together, the unsung heroes of dinner and…
they are often thrown together at the last minute. I am of course speaking of side dishes.
Generally speaking, they get no respect.
That changes today because I’m giving credit where credit is due & I am saluting the almighty side! (And no, I have not lost my mind…:)
Sides not only make a meal feel complete but they also bring much-needed extra nutrients & vitamins to the table.
You may be asking why I’m so stoked about sides today. I’ll explain.
Part of the process of becoming a health coach involves studying lectures from the nation’s thought leaders on whole foods and nutrition. We often go deep into the world of superfood power and today’s superfood is green beans.
Go ahead & skip this part if you know everything there is to know about the power of the GB. But I highly suggest you stick around while I hit the high points!:)
What You Need To Know About Green Beans
- High in dietary fiber, low carb, no cholesterol
- High in vitamins A,C,K, B6 & Folic Acid
- Good source of calcium, iron, & potassium
- Contain high levels of flavonoids which help reduce cardiovascular disease
- Recent studies show eating green beans helps prevent pre-cancerous polyps which lead to colon cancer
- Contain immune-building antioxidants
- Low FODMAP -packed with fiber, green beans help with digestive issues like hemorrhoids, constipation, ulcers, and acid reflux
So, yeah, green beans are good for you! And this low carb green bean recipe is no exception!
Southern Keto Green Beans with Bacon
- 1 Pound Fresh Green Beans (halved)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 4 Strips of Bacon (Cooked & Crumbled-Because Everything is better with bacon!)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Chives (Optional)
These green beans come together quickly & taste amazing! I hope you love them as much as we do!Print
Pan roasted green beans with bacon, buttered almonds and chives create an easy, elegant side dish that comes together in minutes with 3.4 net carbs. This recipe for Southern Keto Green Beans with Bacon is a simple low carb side dish that compliments any main course.
1 Pound Fresh Green Beans
4 Slices Bacon (Cooked & Crumbled)
1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
3 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Chives (Chopped – Optional)
- Rinse Green beans & set aside.
- Fry bacon & keep 2 tablespoons of drippings. Crumble & set aside.
- Boil Green beans in water + dash of salt for 8-10 minutes.
- In a large pan melt butter & add almonds. Cook for 4 minutes – until golden brown.
- Add bacon drippings & cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn down heat & add in lemon juice & green beans.
- Stir until all the beans are coated.
- Season with salt & pepper. Top with chives.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
Keywords: Keto, Low Carb, Side Dish, Southern Food