A delicious keto cream cheese frosting without powdered sugar – this recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb and keto and 100% legit.
- Please – Please – Please start with room temperature butter & cream cheese. Yes, it’s a BIG DEAL:)
- Cut the softened butter into smaller pieces and cream it with a hand or stand mixer for one minute until it’s smooth.
- Then, add in cream cheese and mix at medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Next, slowly add in the sweetener. I added mine a ½ cup at a time to get an even mix. Don’t forget to take a moment or two to scrape the sides of the bowl where the dry ingredients love to hang out. Feel free to do a taste test at this point.
- I ended up adding 4 tablespoons of heavy cream. (We started with 1, but that wasn’t working, so we continued to add until it looked like the creamy consistency we were going for.)
- Last step! Add the vanilla. Then mix at medium speed for 3-5 more minutes
- Boom – Now you’ve got a good – to – go frosting for cookies, cupcakes, mug cakes – and ALL THE DESSERTS!
- Category: Keto Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto cream cheese frosting, low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free