Loaded with flavor, not carbs, this delicious, creamy & rich loaded keto cauliflower rice recipe comes together in ten minutes with only a few ingredients & 2 net carbs per serving!
Back when I started the keto diet, I thought folks who swapped & swore by cauliflower as a tasty swap for potatoes or rice were crazy. I couldn’t see how cauliflower would ever play a role in my life never mind become a menu staple.
Guess it’s a good thing I’m in the fortune telling business!
The truth is, cauliflower is pretty amazing, and it has all kinds of fascinating health benefits along with being super low in carbs.
Stay tuned while I pretend I’m Cauiliflower’s mom & brag about all the A-Ma-Zing things it has accomplished:
- Cauliflower has tons of vitamins & minerals. (In fact, it has a little bit of every single one you need!)
- Cauliflower is high in fiber-which is HUGE for heart health & if you’re on a low carb diet, it’s a MAJOR thing because constipation is real.
- Cauliflower is a weight-loss superfood! It’s 92% water & low in calories-plus it makes you feel full, so you’re less likely to need a snack 5 minutes after eating it (Looking at you white rice:)
The easiest way to cauliflower nirvana is to buy the chopped cauliflower in 12 oz bags.
If I can find these at our Walmart, then I know you can too!
But if it’s sold out or you’re just old school, then you can buy a medium head of cauliflower. I won’t be mad.
How To Make Loaded Keto Cauliflower Rice
Option 1 – Chopped Cauliflower: All you need to do is put it in a food processor or a blender & grate it up so it will be super fine like rice!
Option 2 – Old School Head of Cauliflower: You’ll need to chop the cauliflower & then use your food processor or blender to get the right size!
Stovetop: I prefer steaming cauliflower on the stove. All you do is add a little water & watch it for around 5-7 minutes.
Nuke It: You can also use your microwave-Just put it in a microwave-safe bowl with a tablespoon of oil & cover with plastic wrap. Set the microwave for 3 minutes & you’re done! *If you use the microwave method-put the rice back into a medium-large saucepan over low heat.
Loaded Keto Cauliflower Rice
I came up with this keto loaded cauliflower when I was creating my Keto Shrimp & Grits recipe. (If you haven’t tried it stop everything now & MAKE IT. I’ll wait:)
When I created the Keto Shrimp & Grits I needed a rich and creamy texture with flavor & a low # of carbs to sub for the grits. So I did what I had to do and added cheese & cream & a little butter & just like that – I had a Southern comfort food recipe that wouldn’t blow my keto diet & made the Shrimp & Grits taste LEGIT!
I’m telling you-the loaded keto cauliflower rice was the Game-Changer, so I thought I ought to share it with you so you can have it on deck when you need a killer low carb side OR you want a flavorful sub for white rice!
Ready for the recipe? Well, here ya go! I hope you love it as much as we do! I’ve done my best to give you step-by-step instructions, but if you have any questions at all do not hesitate to email me & ask away!Print
Easy Loaded Keto Cauliflower Rice! Delicious, creamy & healthy low carb cauliflower rice makes dinner meals complete! Make this easy keto recipe tonight & prepare to be amazed! Keto cauliflower rice is super easy to prep & is the perfect low carb side dish with only 2 carbs!
- 2 12 Ounce Bags Chopped Cauliflower (Or 1 Cauliflower Head)
- 8 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Ounces Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Pepper To Taste
- Shred Cheddar & Pepper Jack Cheese & Set Aside
- Chop Cauliflower
- Place Chopped Cauliflower in food processor or blender to create small (rice-like) pieces
- Steam cauliflower for 7 minutes on stove (Or use microwave)
- Drain any excess water
- Slowly stir in heavy cream & add cheese
- Add Garlic Powder & Salt & Pepper to taste
Add Bacon: Just fry up 5-6 pieces & crumble over the top!
Add Ham: Chop up some leftover ham & boom-it’s a meal! (Also a fantastic way to use leftover ham!)
Add More Butter: According to my grandmother, butter makes everything better!
Add Green Onions: Chop up around 1/2 a cup & sprinkle on top.
Keywords: keto recipes, keto cauliflower rice, keto side dishes, healthy, low carb recipes