Is naming a bunless keto burger recipe ultimate too bold? No-not when you consider that this isn’t your average low carb burger recipe! Whether you love your burgers hot off the grill, baked in the oven or cooked on the stove, you’ll love this perfectly seasoned all-beef burger with bacon, cheese, & avocado topped with spicy mayo & 2.9 net carbs!
This post may contain affiliate links that help keep this content free. [Full Disclosure]
There are a few things in life I cannot live without & this keto burger recipe is one of them! It’s simple, delicious, juicy & doesn’t require a lot of prep, extra steps, or use special ingredients!
Inspired by Food & Wine’s Best Burgers in the U.S. line-up, I wanted to create a perfectly seasoned keto burger that could hold it’s own flavor-wise without being heavy on the carbs. I think I nailed it – but you can be the judge of that!
Ingredients For The Ultimate Keto Burger
- Ground Beef Chuck or Sirloin
- Cheddar Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
Tips To Make The Juiciest Keto Burger – Ever!
Start With The Best Beef
The right selection of meat can make or break your burger. The best of the best burgers start with freshly ground chuck beef with at least 20% fat. 25% is ideal.
Salt: Timing Is Everything
Some folks say you need to add salt into the ground beef before you make the patty & others will tell you to wait until you’re ready to cook. I found this argument fascinating & so I did a little digging & a little grilling to see for myself.
The Verdict: Salt draws moisture out of the hamburger – which results in a dry, disappointing burger experience. In other words, wait until you’re ready to cook & add the salt then. (Directly onto the patties!)
Forming The Perfect Patty
Again, less is more. (And when I say less I mean less work too!) There’s no need to work out life’s frustrations & get too aggressive when forming raw hamburger into patties. A little pat here & there will do. Be gentle:)
For a burger that maintains its shape & cooks evenly make a thumbprint in the center of your raw formed patties. Chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes before grilling.
Keeping It Juicy
Do not use a spatula (or anything) to push the burgers into the pan or grill. The act of smooshing the meat with a spatula is what robs all of the juice (& flavor) out of the burger!
Low Carb Keto Burger Toppings
In this recipe, I wrapped the burgers in Boston Bibb lettuce & topped them off with bacon + a few slices of avocado, & a slice of cheddar cheese. But here’s the thing: you can customize this keto burger recipe anyway you please! Since googling nutrition facts about the carbs in burger toppings probably isn’t your favorite past time – I put together a cheat sheet to save your sanity!
Don’t Forget The Donkey Sauce (It’s the best homemade mayo ever:)
3 Ways To Make A Perfect Keto Burger
On The Grill: Start with a hot grill
Don’t Over Flip: Flip burgers 1 time & 1 time only per side. Pressing them onto the grill (or pan) releases moisture & will end badly with a dry burger that will make you sad.
On The Stove: Over medium-high heat & cook 3 minutes per side (for 6 oz burgers) 4-5 minutes per side for 8 oz burgers in a cast iron skillet. The one flip rule applies here too!
Oven: Bake at 425 on a large baking sheet for 18 minutes. Remove & add cheese & broil for 2 minutes.Print
The juiciest keto burger recipe with ground chuck or sirloin topped with bacon, cheese, avocado, & a spicy mayo! The perfect low carb recipe with 2.9 net carbs – for the grill, oven, or stove top!
- Cook Bacon – Set Aside. Keep the grease – you’ll need it!
- Combine mayo & sriracha – refrigerate.
- Combine Ground Beef & Olive Oil & Worcestershire sauce. (I use Lea & Perrins)
- Make 4 6-ounce patties by forming ground beef into a ball & then gently patting it into a disk. (Each patty should be 3/4 to 1 inch thick!)
- Make a dimple in the middle of each patty with your thumb. This will help it keep its shape.
- Chill for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Before cooking – season the patties with salt & bacon grease. Just drizzle it over the top & into the dimple in the center of the patties.
- Grill: Start with a hot grill. Flip burgers 1 time & 1 time only per side. Pressing them onto the grill (or pan) releases moisture & will end badly with a dry burger that will make you sad.
- On The Stove: Over medium-high heat & cook 3 minutes per side (for 6 oz burgers) 4-5 minutes per side for 8 oz burgers in a cast iron skillet. The one flip rule applies here too!
- Oven: Bake at 425 on a large baking sheet for 18 minutes. Remove & add cheese & broil for 2 minutes.
Spicy Mayo is optional.
You can substitute Tabasco for Sriracha.
- Category: Keto
- Method: Grill or Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto dinner recipe, low carb dinner, keto burger, low carb burger
Stock Your Keto Pantry!
And for more than 500 Low Carb Keto Meal ideas and easy recipes, check out my Keto Recipes Index!