The best homemade keto almond flour tortilla recipe! Make delicious low carb, gluten-free tortillas with 6 simple ingredients, 2.8 net carbs and 3 WW points!
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (98 grams) Blanched Almond Flour
4 tablespoons (28 grams) Coconut Flour
1 Egg (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon (4 grams) Xanthan Gum
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 to 4 tablespoons warm water
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, egg and 2 tablespoons of water, and 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar in a food processor and press pulse.
- If the dough appears dry, you can add in water – a tablespoon at a time and pulse until it gets a dough-like consistency
- Wrap dough in saran wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour or up to four days. Gluten-free flours tend to perform better after they chill.
- When you are ready to roll – literally – get out your wax paper and separate the dough into 8 sections. Then roll each part into a ball and then use a rolling pin to flatten. Separate each with parchment paper, so they don’t stick.
- Heat a cast-iron or nonstick skillet to medium and cook each tortilla for around 45 seconds per side.
- You can store the dough (wrapped in saran wrap) in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cooked tortillas need to be stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the fridge.
- To Freeze: Place tortillas in a ziplock bag or airtight container. Use wax paper to separate each one, so they don’t stick together! Freeze for up to 3 months.
Net Carbs Per Tortilla: 2.8
Weight Watchers Points: 3
- Category: lunch
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: homemade tortillas, almond flour tortillas, keto tortillas, healthy recipe, gluten-free, grain-free, Weight Watchers, low carb