Need a keto instant pot recipe for dinner-ASAP? Break out the pressure cooker and get ready to cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot – in 30 minutes! A Rotisserie style, healthy Instant Pot recipe that’s low carb, family-friendly and fast!
This post may contain affiliate links that help keep this content free. [Full Disclosure]
Meal Prep! Easy Weeknight Dinner! Easy Keto Instant Pot Dinner! – All the bases are covered with one pressure cooker chicken that is crazy good!
I adore a Keto Instant Pot recipe – or 40 – so I thought it was about time to share this Rotisserie-Style Whole Chicken in an Instant Pot recipe with y’all!
Full disclosure: when I got my Instant Pot, my expectations were high & my motivation to read the instruction book was low.
Big. Mistake. Turns out, knowing what all the modes/buttons/settings are & knowing how to set the lid cap are pretty dang important – especially if you 1) Don’t Want to Straight Up Ruin Your Recipe & 2) Don’t want to have a panic attack when you press the pressure button! Thankfully, all the info you need is on InstantPot.com!
How To Cook A Whole Chicken In The Instant Pot
If you’re new to Instant Pot/Pressure Cooking – I’ve broken the steps down to make it a little easier. If you’re a Instant Pot pro – feel free to skip to the recipe!
We’re using two Instant Pot Settings Today – “Saute” & “Manual” The Manual & Pressure Cook Buttons are the Same Thing – It Depends On Your Model Pressure Cooker
1st Saute Mode: We’re going to brown the chicken in the pressure cooker on Saute for about 5 minutes on either side – then turn it OFF.
2nd Manual Mode: This is where the real pressure cooking action is – Set On High – For 6 Minutes per Pound of Chicken. I used a 3.5-pound whole chicken – so 21 minutes.
Natural Release: Also known as the easy way! Bonus: Natural Release is best for poultry & meat, so it doesn’t dry out!
Ingredient Line Up
I used a combination of salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme & a simple garlic butter rub. Feel free to swap the spices for your favorites.
Macros: Total Fat: 77.5, Protein: 53.8, Net Carbs: 2.2
A Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot – Rotisserie style? Yep! This healthy keto instant pot chicken is tender – juicy – low carb & ready in 30 minutes!
- 3.5 – 4-Pound Chicken
- ¼ Cup Softened Butter
- 3 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cracked Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Thyme
- 4 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Chicken Bone Broth
- Lemon – Sliced
- Rinse off the chicken & remove the giblets
- We’re going to be a little extra today with the garlic butter – because we can:) The process takes less than 5 minutes & it adds so much to the flavor – but if you don’t have the time or energy – do not worry about it.
- All you need to do is mix your softened butter with the garlic cloves. That’s it.
- Rub that chicken down with the garlic butter – get under the skin – under the wings – you get where I’m going with this – then add the rest of the seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme, you can also put some seasonings & lemon inside the chicken if you’re feeling lemony – Make sure you get both sides of the chicken
- Set Instant Pot to Saute – Adjust To “More” to go with the highest temperature
- Add in Olive Oil & brown chicken on both sides.
- Turn The Instant Pot Off
- Now add chicken broth or water – & the trivet – if you can find it (you can use it without)
- Put the chicken in & lock the lid.
- Set To Manual aka Pressure Mode Or Poultry Mode – on High
- 6 Minutes Per Pound – I did 21 minutes
- When Time Is Up: You’ll go with Natural Release – Wait at least 10 minutes
- Remove the lid – use a meat or instant-read thermometer to check the chicken (Needs To Be At Least 165 degrees)
- All Done…
- Unless You Want A Crispy Finish
- If you’re feeling crispy – just put the chicken on a foil-lined pan in the oven – drizzle it with leftover juices from the instant pot & broil for 5 minutes on each side.
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: Keto Instant Pot, Low Carb, Keto Dinner, Healthy Instant Pot
Stock Your Keto Pantry!
And for more than 500 Low Carb Keto Meal ideas and easy recipes, check out my Keto Recipes Index!