Need a keto instant pot recipe for dinner-ASAP? Break out the pressure cooker and get ready to cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot – in 30 minutes! A Rotisserie style, healthy Instant Pot recipe that’s low carb, family-friendly and fast!
This post may contain affiliate links that help keep this content free. [Full Disclosure]
Meal Prep! Easy Weeknight Dinner! Easy Keto Instant Pot Dinner! – All the bases are covered with one pressure cooker chicken that is crazy good!
I adore a Keto Instant Pot recipe – or 40 – so I thought it was about time to share this Rotisserie-Style Whole Chicken in an Instant Pot recipe with y’all!
Full disclosure: when I got my Instant Pot, my expectations were high & my motivation to read the instruction book was low.
Big. Mistake. Turns out, knowing what all the modes/buttons/settings are & knowing how to set the lid cap are pretty dang important – especially if you 1) Don’t Want to Straight Up Ruin Your Recipe & 2) Don’t want to have a panic attack when you press the pressure button! Thankfully, all the info you need is on InstantPot.com!
How To Cook A Whole Chicken In The Instant Pot
If you’re new to Instant Pot/Pressure Cooking – I’ve broken the steps down to make it a little easier. If you’re a Instant Pot pro – feel free to skip to the recipe!
We’re using two Instant Pot Settings Today – “Saute” & “Manual” The Manual & Pressure Cook Buttons are the Same Thing – It Depends On Your Model Pressure Cooker
- 1st Saute Mode: We’re going to brown the chicken in the pressure cooker on Saute for about 5 minutes on either side – then turn it OFF.
- 2nd Manual Mode: This is where the real pressure cooking action is – Set On High – For 6 Minutes per Pound of Chicken. I used a 3.5-pound whole chicken – so 21 minutes.
- Natural Release: Also known as the easy way! Bonus: Natural Release is best for poultry & meat, so it doesn’t dry out!
Ingredient Line Up
I used a combination of salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme & a simple garlic butter rub. Feel free to swap the spices for your favorites.
Macros: Total Fat: 77.5, Protein: 53.8, Net Carbs: 2.2
A Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot – Rotisserie style? Yep! This healthy keto instant pot chicken is tender – juicy – low carb & ready in 30 minutes!
- 3.5 – 4-Pound Chicken
- ¼ Cup Softened Butter
- 3 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cracked Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Thyme
- 4 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Chicken Bone Broth
- Lemon – Sliced
- Rinse off the chicken & remove the giblets
- We’re going to be a little extra today with the garlic butter – because we can:) The process takes less than 5 minutes & it adds so much to the flavor – but if you don’t have the time or energy – do not worry about it.
- All you need to do is mix your softened butter with the garlic cloves. That’s it.
- Rub that chicken down with the garlic butter – get under the skin – under the wings – you get where I’m going with this – then add the rest of the seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme, you can also put some seasonings & lemon inside the chicken if you’re feeling lemony – Make sure you get both sides of the chicken
- Set Instant Pot to Saute – Adjust To “More” to go with the highest temperature
- Add in Olive Oil & brown chicken on both sides.
- Turn The Instant Pot Off
- Now add chicken broth or water – & the trivet – if you can find it (you can use it without)
- Put the chicken in & lock the lid.
- Set To Manual aka Pressure Mode Or Poultry Mode – on High
- 6 Minutes Per Pound – I did 21 minutes
- When Time Is Up: You’ll go with Natural Release – Wait at least 10 minutes
- Remove the lid – use a meat or instant-read thermometer to check the chicken (Needs To Be At Least 165 degrees)
- All Done…
- Unless You Want A Crispy Finish
- If you’re feeling crispy – just put the chicken on a foil-lined pan in the oven – drizzle it with leftover juices from the instant pot & broil for 5 minutes on each side.
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: Keto Instant Pot, Low Carb, Keto Dinner, Healthy Instant Pot