You need these keto stuffed mushrooms in your life & at your next party! Each bacon-wrapped mushroom is perfectly portioned to pack a ton of flavor without the carbs! The major players are super healthy, superfood white button mushrooms stuffed with a decadent combination of smoked cheddar, Parmesan, & cream cheese with garlic cloves and onions then wrapped in bacon. Bake in the oven or grill at your next BBQ!
This post may contain affiliate links! Please visit my disclosure page here for more information!:)
Y’all, this recipe is off the chain.
Whether you prep it ahead or pull together last minute your guests will adore these little stuffed mushroom rockstars. So if you’re looking for a low carb snack-side-or appetizer stay tuned & prepare to meet your new favorite keto recipe with cream cheese and bacon!
Stuffed Mushroom 411
Keep in mind when you’re mushroom shopping that the mushrooms will experience shrinkage in the oven! Plus, you’re going to be stuffing these so try to get the largest size you can find!
When rinsing your mushrooms avoid submerging in water-Mushrooms absorb H2O fast – meaning a potential soggy recipe disaster! Some folks skip the sink & use a wet towel to remove dirt & debris!
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
One thing I love about this recipe is how easy it is to customize! If you don’t care for smokey cheddar swap in a little sharp! Want a meatier mushroom? Add in browned sausage! Don’t have celery or forgot the onion at the store? No worries-these will still be a hit! Bonus: You can bake these in the oven for 20 minutes OR grill to perfection in less than 10!
Serve these at your next holiday party or game day gathering & let me know how fast they disappear! With only 2.5 net carbs per 2 mushroom serving, they won’t last long!Print
These keto stuffed mushrooms are the perfect low carb appetizer recipe! Smoked cheddar, Parmesan, and cream cheese pair with garlic & onion to create a perfectly portioned bite-sized finger food with tons of flavor & only 2.5 net carbs!
1 Pound Medium-Large White Button Mushrooms
1 8 Ounce package Cream Cheese
1 Pound of Bacon
1 Cup Smoked Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onions
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
Oven – Preheat to 350
- Remove stems from mushrooms
- Rinse mushrooms & dry (Or wipe off any debris & dirt with a wet paper towel)
- Chop celery & onion
- Cut bacon slices in half
- Combine cream cheese, grated smoked cheddar, & parmesan cheese in a medium sized bowl. Add in celery, onion, & garlic.
- Arrange mushrooms on a baking sheet
- Using a spoon fill each mushroom with cheese stuffing.
- Wrap each mushroom with bacon – use toothpicks or skewers like these (cut in 1/2) to secure
- Bake for 20 Minutes at 350!
- Follow Steps 1 – 8
- Make sure the grill is hot – about 425°
- Start with the cream cheese side down. You can use a skillet like this one or you can put the mushrooms directly on the grill (watch out for flare-ups when the cheese begins to melt!)
- Flip after about 4 minutes
- Lower the temperature to around 300°
- Close The Lid! This will help the bacon thoroughly cook!
- You’re looking at 8 minutes total grill time here.
- Try to contain yourself – these are AMAZING!!!
Put your spin on this recipe! Feel free to sub in Sharp for Smoked Cheddar, Add (Browned) Sausage or Ground Beef! Use Turkey Bacon-or leave the bacon out & make it vegetarian! Don’t have celery &/or onion? Leave em out! It’s not a deal breaker!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven or Grill
- Cuisine: Keto, Low Carb, Healthy
Keywords: Keto Appetizer, Low Carb Appetizer, Keto Stuffed Mushrooms, Bacon Wrapped