Colorful, hearty, satisfying and super easy these keto breakfast muffins are just what you need on busy mornings! Crisp bell peppers, spinach, cheddar cheese, bacon, and fluffy eggs come together in minutes to create the perfect low carb breakfast or snack with 1.5 net carbs and 3 WW SmartPoints.
6 Ounces (1/2 Package) Turkey Bacon
1 Cup Spinach (Fresh or Frozen-Use 1/2 Cup Thawed & Drained Frozen)
1/3 Cup Sharp Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Green Bell Pepper
1/4 Cup Green Onion
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Fry bacon & allow it to cool.
- Rinse the spinach & dice bell pepper & onion.
- Use the butter to grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- If you’re using frozen spinach and its still soggy from defrosting, set it in a strainer in the sink & take a towel or (several) paper towels & press down to soak up any water remaining. This will keep your eggs from being runny!
- Crack those eggs open & start beating them in a glass bowl. Or a plastic bowl. (Pro Tip: The bowl doesn’t really matter! What matters is you avoid a shell situation!!! Try not to chip an egg shell off into that bowl!)
- If you’re not in too much of a hurry you can beat the eggs for about two minutes.
- If you are late already, go ahead & start adding your ingredients.
- Just toss in the spinach, cheese, bell pepper, and whatever is left of the bacon. I know you ate some of it.
- Mix all of that up until you just can’t take it anymore & then it’s time to fill your muffin cups.
- Fill each cup about 1/2 to 2/3 full. If you overfill you will have a oven cleaning project this weekend that you do not want.
- Bake for 15 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Low Carb/Keto
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 10
Keywords: keto breakfast, low carb breakfast, keto muffins, low carb muffins, keto, low carb, breakfast