This keto green Beans with bacon recipe will be your new favorite low carb side dish! Ready in 15 minutes, this recipe brings the bacon, butter and all of the flavor of Southern comfort food.
This post may contain affiliate links that help keep this content free. [Full Disclosure]
They are the glue that holds a meal together, the unsung heroes of dinner & they’re often thrown together at the last minute.
Generally speaking, they get no respect. So can we take a moment to give it up for all of the life-changing side dishes in our lives?
Nobody? See – I was right!
But seriously – I’m a little too excited about this green beans recipe. See, part of becoming a health coach involves lectures – often long ones – from the country’s leading whole foods and nutrition experts. Sometimes they are a total snooze fest – and – I zone out, but sometimes – like today – I get inspired – about vegetables.
Yeah, I’m about to geek out for like 5 seconds so hang on…
Are Green Beans Keto-Friendly?
Yes, you can and you should eat green beans on the keto diet! Here are six reasons why.
- Green Beans Help Reduce Heart Disease – Green Beans have high levels of flavonoids which help reduce cardiovascular disease
- Green Beans Help Control Diabetes – Green Beans are one of the few vegetables known to have a hypoglycemic influence on patients with Diabetes
- Green Beans Help Boost Your Immune System – Loaded with antioxidants! #NoSickDays
- Green Beans Help Your Eyesight – The carotenoids in green beans keep your vision healthy
- Green Beans Help You Get More Vitamin K – & Calcium – For healthy bones & preventing osteoporosis
- Green Beans Help You With Digestive Issues – Green Beans are Low FODMAP – The fiber in green beans helps with digestive issues like hemorrhoids, constipation, ulcers, and acid reflux
So, yeah, green beans are good for you! Now, let’s pair them with a little bacon!:)
Green Beans with Bacon Ingredients
1 Pound Fresh Green Beans (halved)
1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
4 Strips of Bacon (Cooked & Crumbled-Because Everything is better with bacon!)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Chives (Optional)
These green beans with bacon come together quickly & taste amazing! I hope you love them as much as we do.
More Low Carb Keto Side Dishes You’ll Love
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – The ultimate low carb comfort food swap that’s ready in 45 minutes
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese & Bacon – Here’s an easy and healthy stuffed mushroom recipe that works as an appetizer and a side
46 Keto Side Dish Recipes: The Low Carb Sides That Make Dinner A Meal – Here’s the one where I round up the best keto side dishes – organized by vegetable. I know, it’s a little extra, but sometimes I can’t help myselfPrint
Pan roasted green beans with bacon, buttered almonds and chives create an easy, elegant side dish that comes together in minutes with 3.4 net carbs. This recipe for Southern Keto Green Beans with Bacon is a simple low carb side dish that compliments any main course.
- 1 Pound Fresh or Frozen Green Beans
- 6 Slices Bacon (Cooked & Crumbled)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Chives (Chopped – Optional)
- Rinse Green beans & set aside.
- Fry bacon & keep 2 tablespoons of drippings. Crumble & set aside.
- Boil Green beans in water + dash of salt for 8-10 minutes.
- In a large pan melt butter & add almonds. Cook for 4 minutes – until golden brown.
- Add bacon drippings & cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn down heat & add in lemon juice & green beans.
- Stir until all the beans are coated.
- Season with salt & pepper. Top with chives.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
Keywords: Keto, Low Carb, Side Dish, Southern, Ketogenic, Easy, Healthy, Side Dish Recipe
Stock Your Keto Pantry!
And for more than 500 Low Carb Keto Meal ideas and easy recipes, check out my Keto Recipes Index!
Don’t Forget to Save & Share!
For More Low Carb Inspiration, Follow Me On Pinterest or Subscribe below! Leave A Comment, Ask A Question – Tell Me What’s On Your Mind!
Since You’re Still Here
First, thanks for sticking with me – I started this blog to help people like you achieve their fitness goals – lose weight – take control of their health and gain the confidence they need to go out and do what they’re meant to do – spend more time with the people they love – doing what they love. (Because that’s what losing 90 pounds on the keto diet did for me:) If you need help, please reach out. In addition to blogging full-time, I’m also a mom of three. (Wife of one:) I’m continually seeking balance to do all of the things – and I’d love to help you do the same.
Here are the people that inspire me – AKA – My Family. Who inspires you?