This Keto Beef and Broccoli recipe makes an easy dinner that’s low carb, gluten-free, Whole30 and paleo friendly – with 5.3 net carbs and 6 WW Points!
- 1 lb beef (sirloin, skirt steak, or flank steak) – I use sirloin because a) I can typically find it easily and it is budget-friendly)
- 1 to 2 heads broccoli, broken into florets (or pre-cut bagged)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pieces thin sliced ginger, finely chopped
- Olive oil or Ghee
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Chopped scallions (optional, for garnish)
Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos (divided)
- 1 tbsp + 2.5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tbsp red boat fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp, freshly grated fresh ginger
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp black pepper (divided)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade and sauce (in two separate bowls) and set aside.
- Marinade: 2 tbsp coconut aminos, 1 tbsp sesame oil, ½ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp baking soda
- Sauce: Mix the stir fry sauce by combining 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon red boat fish sauce, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, and pepper.
- Slice the beef into ¼ inch thin slices and place in a pan with the marinade for at least 15 minutes
- Chop the broccoli (or take it out the bag if using pre-cut). Put it in a safe microwave bowl with two tablespoons of water and cover. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until it is tender but still has a crunch. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat along with 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee. Add garlic, ginger, and salt and mix for about 15 seconds.
- Crank up the heat to high and add the marinated beef. Be sure to evenly distribute it and cook for around 2 minutes (without moving it around too much) until the edges are dark – then flip and repeat.
- Final Step: Add the sauce. Stir-fry for about 1 min. Then add in broccoli.
- Stir-fry for another 30 secs, toss & enjoy.
This recipe calls for coconut aminos, but if you don’t have these on hand or can’t find in the store, you may substitute with a gluten-free soy sauce or Tamari, but you’ll need to use half the amount as these come with a more robust, saltier flavor.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: dinner, keto dinner, healthy, low carb, Whole30, paleo, 30 minute dinner recipe, gluten-free, stir fry, dinner recipe