Better Than Sex chicken is a better name than easy crack chicken, but no matter what you call this low carb, keto-friendly dinner recipe with chicken, cream cheese, bacon, and cheddar, you’ll love it – slow-cooked in the crockpot or baked in the oven. (Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- 2 Pounds Chicken (Thighs or Breasts)
- 2 8-Ounce Packages Cream Cheese
- 8 Slices Bacon or ½ Cup Real Bacon Bits
- 1 ½ Cups Cheddar
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Chives
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- Rinse and chop green onion & fry bacon (or you can do this last – it is up to you)
- Place the chicken in the crockpot
- Add spices
- Cover with cream cheese. You can cut up the cream cheese if you want to, but it’s not necessary, and I honestly think it’s a waste of time
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 5
- (Full Disclosure: I did check on mine about two hours in because I read somewhere that you HAD to keep the lid shut, and I wanted to see what would happen. Nothing happened. That is a made-up rule. But while I was in there, I did stir it.)
- Shred chicken with a fork
- Add the cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions
- Fry the bacon, and then, if you feel like it, brown the chicken right there in the bacon grease. We’re making the most of the fat, and everybody knows bacon grease adds flavor, so you might as well use what you’ve got.
- Don’t worry; you won’t be standing over the skillet for long – it takes about 3 minutes.
- If you don’t want to – don’t.
- Just add about 5 minutes to the bake time. It honestly doesn’t make that big of a difference.
- Now you need to mix up the seasonings.
- You can add all of them to a small bowl and stir them together, OR you can add them directly to the cream cheese, and that’s one less dish to wash.
- In a perfect world, your cream cheese would be room temperature, but we both know it’s not, so let’s call mixing the seasonings with the cream cheese an extra arm exercise and call it a day.
- Next, put your chicken in a casserole dish, top it with the cream cheese, followed by the cheddar, then the bacon, and bake it at 400 for 25 minutes. Or 30 if you skipped the skillet browning step:)
- Top it off with green onions.
To Freeze: It will last for up to 3 months in an airtight freezer container or zip sealed freezer bags.
*You can fry the bacon before or after or substitute bacon bits
*If you go with the Ranch packet you’ll be fine. But it is better to make your own & you probably have the seasonings in your spice cabinet
*If you’re on a dairy-free Paleo eating plan use Kite Hill Cream Cheese
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crockpot or Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto crockpot, slow cooker, baked crack chicken, keto crack chicken, low carb crack chicken, easy crack chicken, Paleo, dinner, easy