Even if you don’t consider yourself a baker, you can make this easy homemade Keto Paleo bread recipe. Almond flour, eggs, butter, baking powder, erythritol, xanthan gum, and salt come together to create a light and fluffy low carb bread that’s gluten-free with 3.5 net carbs per serving.
- Start by combining the dry ingredients – almond flour, baking powder, erythritol, salt, and xanthan gum. I put everything in a bowl and then – to be 100% there weren’t going to be any clumps I put everything in a food processor. You could use a blender if you don’t have one – but this step may be one of the most important ones. Lumpy batter = disappointing bread.
- Return the dry ingredients to the bowl and add two whole eggs and butter or coconut oil.
- Next, whisk four egg whites. All you need to do is separate the egg yolks and whip them with a whisk or a stand mixer. When you do this, you are forcing air into eggs – which will give your bread more of an airy, traditional consistency. Once they have peaked – add them to the rest of the dough, plus ¼ cup warm water, and you are ready to blend.
- Be sure to mix until no lumps are present.
- Transfer your dough into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, or if you don’t have one – use a cake pan or even muffin tins.
- Bake at 325 for 40-50 minutes.
You may store this on your countertop or in a bread box, or it will keep in the refrigerator. And it is also freezer-friendly. You may want to slice it before freezing:)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
Keywords: keto bread recipe. paleo bread recipe, homemade bread, keto recipe, low carb recipe